• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alternative for chargers.

Frogpasta

Meeting neighbors
Hey everyone!

As many of us bird owners know, our feathered friends love to bite/chew on anything and everything they can.

Recently, my Tiel Gnocchi has decided that his new favourite pastime is *trying* to chew phone chargers. Of course I don’t let him, but he is determined.
I’ve been searching for something bird safe that has the same texture and shape (like rope, string and leather) of the chord, but alas nothing is quite “right” :(
I know it’s better to stop bad behaviour rather than humouring them with substitution, but he’s being more insistent than normal and in all honesty, as he gets bored of toys quickly and I have to cycle them around like crazy, it would be nice to find one that holds his attention as much as the charger does :)
Does anyone here have any ideas?? I’m open to anything!!

( Ps I didn’t know whether to put this in toys or safety because it’s both a hazard and a play thing- sorry )

Last edited:

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
You can put chargers in a pvc pipe so he can't chew on the chargers

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
My cockatiel Emily loved snipping this plastic lace. Just be sure Gnocchi is not ingesting it

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I was going to suggest Rex Lace also (a brand name of the stuff saroj kingless linked). My quaker loves to chew cords too and that was a good substitute!

Frogpasta

Meeting neighbors
You can put chargers in a pvc pipe so he can't chew on the chargers
Ooo that’s a pretty good idea!
Unfortunately, the people I live with don’t agree :( They like everything to look neat and tidy, and think the PVC would look too “constructiony”. ( they’re good about bird mess though surprisingly )

I’ll definitely keep it in mind, thank you!! :))

Frogpasta

Meeting neighbors
I was going to suggest Rex Lace also (a brand name of the stuff saroj kingless linked). My quaker loves to chew cords too and that was a good substitute!
I’ll add that to the list! Glad I’m not the only one with a chord cruncher :p
Thank you!!