• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alright so...

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Edit - I guess the other is a boy too, she said I might have the girl because the green one has blue ceres too. So I guess two boys? Do they get territorial?
Oh, also how blue is the green one? Young girls can have a blue cere, it's generally like a pastely white blue.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oh, also how blue is the green one? Young girls can have a blue cere, it's generally like a pastely white blue.
Blue blue, darker than the one I have

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve not had a female budgie, but Jujube can be very territorial about other budgies. I can’t have 3 in a cage because Juju will think he’s competing for the 3rd bird’s attention and will chase and peck at Jelly Bean—who has been his cage mate for 6 years.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a sweet little boy, btw! Hope he finds a great home!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where are the pictures of the other budgie?! @Xoetix , sign on & explain yourself! One does not just post a single budgie picture when there are two! :ovract:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Where are the pictures of the other budgie?! @Xoetix , sign on & explain yourself! One does not just post a single budgie picture when there are two! :ovract:
She had to cover the other one up because it freaks out so badly anytime anyone is in the room :arghh: the poor thing is so stressed out.

Would stress make it attack a Cage mate?

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Possibly yes I would say from my experience.

I would cover part of the cage, but some birds actually freak out more so your friend will probably figure out what works best for him. I would make sure he can see the door so no one can surprise him by coming in.
This is exactly what two of my lovebirds and my budgie girl were like. He will settle, but it may take some time, weeks. I would just let her go slow, if he is still like this over time this technique may work: for this technique a large room would be ideal, enter the room, when budgie panics stand absolutely still and don’t look at him. Wait until he quiets down. May take a long time. When he is somewhat relaxed, leave.
doesn’t work well for every bird, some do better just being able to watch what you are doing and adjust slowly by having you read something to them and leaving millet in their bowls.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you have any pictures at all? It would help others to explain the behaviour to have a definite gender.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Do you have any pictures at all? It would help others to explain the behaviour to have a definite gender.
I should be able to get some tonight! I'm having birthday time with family (didn't see them last weekend for my bday, so we're having a bday dinner today :D) and then tonight I'm heading over to her house to see what's what with our little green friend.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OK, so to me the ceres do not look anywhere near as blue as she said. To me, they look more... Tan? Palm colored?

I don't know, what do y'all think?
Aww unfortunately I'm not sure about such things but what an adorable sweetie pie.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Aww unfortunately I'm not sure about such things but what an adorable sweetie pie.
I really want very much to help calm it down but it's just so panicked all the time. The one I have is very skittish, but very watchful - He doesn't immediately freak out if I get close, but putting my hand in the cage definitely scares him. But the way he watches... I almost think he could be tamed if there was another budgie that was hand tamed that he could see. I really feel like you can see him considering it.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Yeah, she looks like female :heart:

Congrats on your girl!
:congrats5: