• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aloe Detox Formula Dosage

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I am not suggesting Aloe Detox to remedy an illness; rather, as a form of detox, which is what it is used for in humans. Also, by diluting it, you are bringing it down to what would be, IMHO, an acceptable dose for birds. I have used it for years with great results. I have 5 Eclectus, along with other birds, and we all know how sensitive Ekkies can be to anything.

The internet can be a scary thing. It gives so much conflicting information that your head can spin.

I am, in no way, shape or form an expert. It's just something I have been using for about 10 years. It is also something I have suggested to people who have had issues with feather plucking and they came back telling me I was a miracle worker. Not that at all... I just think their bird may have had some toxins that were causing issues which resulted in plucking. That's for another thread, though. :)

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
Jim, I am not a mother earther! I believe in a creator who said "Every herb of the field is there to eat" I believe herbs (greens) are what all animals and birds eat and ate for thousands of years. They are medicinal, theraputic and nutritional-some would call these hollistic, I call them natural.
Medications are known to cause bad effects and good effects also. Man made remedies arent always the best methods and human remedies aren't always good for birds and animals. But if it is natural it is better. We don't build up immunities to natural foods, but we do to antibiotics.
Sometimes, Like in the case of Aloe Vera, It is a safe food with natural ability to cleanse liver and we know it can help. It is better to use what we know works than use an antibiotic which could be toxic, alergy related, or just not suitable.
Not harpin, just sayin.:rolleyes:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Jim, I am not a mother earther! I believe in a creator who said "Every herb of the field is there to eat" I believe herbs (greens) are what all animals and birds eat and ate for thousands of years. They are medicinal, theraputic and nutritional-some would call these hollistic, I call them natural.
Medications are known to cause bad effects and good effects also. Man made remedies arent always the best methods and human remedies aren't always good for birds and animals. But if it is natural it is better. We don't build up immunities to natural foods, but we do to antibiotics.
Sometimes, Like in the case of Aloe Vera, It is a safe food with natural ability to cleanse liver and we know it can help. It is better to use what we know works than use an antibiotic which could be toxic, alergy related, or just not suitable.
Not harpin, just sayin.:rolleyes:
Great post and a lot of very good points. :highfive:

keakatt

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi Karen,
I am trying the Aloe detox by Lily of the desert. Can you tell me if I can mix this with my parrots vitamin mixture I add to the water daily? Or can I add something to help with the flavor that is safe.

Thanks,
Andrea

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks for this thread. I started this for Yuna and Cochise 4 days ago and already poops are looking better. Both had dark poop, and Yuna's urates were tan instead of white. Now they are turning white!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Karen,
I am trying the Aloe detox by Lily of the desert. Can you tell me if I can mix this with my parrots vitamin mixture I add to the water daily? Or can I add something to help with the flavor that is safe.

Thanks,
Andrea
I am so sorry you never got a reply!:hug8: If you see this, I hope you come back and give us another chance. I have been here since the forum started and do not go to this part of the forum and a few others as much as I should. I am going to change that, and start reading some of the wealth of information we have on this forum!