• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finch (and Canary) Rollcall!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I don’t have finches anymore :( My last pair died of age related Issues but they are sooo adorable! Their meeps and beeps are so soothing. I had zibra and society finches. Begaleese are similar I believe to society finches? My society finches sang similar to a canary it sounded like spring all year long.:p

Skye

Strolling the yard
Wow. 20,000 members and 2 of them have bengalese finches
Well, I never thought I'd enjoy keeping zebra finches (technically we got them for my younger brother, but guess who cares for them now...) so who knows, I think bengalese finches are pretty cool too ;)

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Ahhhh see I learned something new today!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Answering the call. Here are the peepers. Thanks @Zara for the tag! Otherwise I probably would have missed this.

Charlie (Right) and Emma watching a movie with me on the couch. They are as already noted, Bengalese finches aka Society finches aka the chicken nuggets.

IMG_20200820_015525.jpg

More finchy schenagians on YouTube: AtomiFlock

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're so cute! I had no idea they came in different colours & patterns.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yeah they are so cute. I think Peppy and Zippy need more friends.

Ana.123

Moving in
Real Name
Ana
Next step is to try to get my hand closer to her to see if I can get her to eventually take a treat from my hand.
From my experience with Birdy, hands are the most difficult for them to get comfortable with. Shoulders, heads, and forearms are easier :)

Birdy is super handsome! I may get my Georgia a boy friend in the future.
Thank you! I don't think I'll ever get Birdy a companion, since he is afraid of canary sounds for some reason:shrug3:

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
All the bigger birds have rollcalls, but not our little finchies! So I decided to start one. Post their names, sex if you know, type of finch or canary, and pictures! If you have an aviary, or just a lot, you can just post pictures. Here are my girls! Will (pic #1) is the gray one, and Arlo (pic #2) is the fawn. They are both female Zebra Finches.
79CBDDDB-D89A-477B-8A82-CFED0409B980.jpeg DFB5E060-BD58-4A02-9A8D-1D5901BE994B.jpeg

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I don't have any finches, but I love them. I consider getting them but I don't want another cage to deep clean every month. :meh:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They are so cute :)

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
Hi! I haven't been here in ages. I have a female Java finch named Peepers. We got her two years ago when she was 9 weeks old.
Your zebra finches are super cute!! Love them!
Aw she is SO SO beautiful!!! I really wish that my finches would sit on my finger, but they are deathly afraid of human hands. Every time I put my hand in the cage to change food/water or clean the cage it is COMPLETE chaos. Just flap flap flap beep peep beep!