• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finch (and Canary) Rollcall!!!

Christy Cat

Meeting neighbors
I've not had time to take good pictures of my sweet Canary Georgia yet so here is a quick pic so far. I believe she is a she as shes not been singing. I've played canary songs for her pand she reacts as a female would to them. I'm fine with that she's so pretty and makes cute little peeping noises. Anyway I'm working on taming her, she was not hand raised so is pretty wild, I plan in documenting my attempt in the forum as I can. IMG_20200713_105129.jpg

Ana.123

Moving in
Real Name
Ana
Here's my boy, Birdy. He's the sassiest little thing ever

20201003_144401.jpg

Anyway I'm working on taming her, she was not hand raised so is pretty wild
Good luck with that! In my opinion, as a non-hand-raised tame canary owner, the most important thing is to let her out of her cage as much as possible. Also try putting seeds close to you (like on your desk when you're staying there), or on your arm or shoulder to get her to come up to you :)

Skye

Strolling the yard
Today I was able to take some good pics of Mini and Bini, so if you don't mind I will post a couple more. :heart:

First off, Mini:

mini 1.jpg
mini 2.jpg

Then Bini:

bini 1.jpg
bini 2.jpg

Finally, them being fat and floofy together. Bini is on the left, Mini on the right. I love Bini's face in the second photo. :lol:

bini mini 2.jpg
bini mini 1.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Mini and Bini are so cute!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
In my opinion, as a non-hand-raised tame canary owner, the most important thing is to let her out of her cage as much as possible. Also try putting seeds close to you (like on your desk when you're staying there), or on your arm or shoulder to get her to come up to you :)
This is good to know! I have some new canaries and decided to tame one of them. Haven’t decided which one but Frosty might be the candidate. He seems calmer than the others.

@Skye Mini and Bini :heart: Sooo cute!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Does anyone keep Bangalese finches?

Reactions: Ali

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Cute!

Christy Cat

Meeting neighbors
Here's my boy, Birdy. He's the sassiest little thing ever.
She gets out for a couple hours every day. I think she finds me very curious because she likes to follow me from room to room but won't get too close yet. I've put out millet next to me to entice her but so far that's not worked. I've been working on getting close to her by walking towards her and stopping right as I start to make her nervous then waiting for her to calm down then I click and step back. It seems to work very well I can now step within a foot of her without her flying away. Next step is to try to get my hand closer to her to see if I can get her to eventually take a treat from my hand. Once I get her to take a treat we'll work on target training. Birdy is super handsome! I may get my Georgia a boy friend in the future. We shall see.