• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ALL FISH OWNERS BEWARE OF THIS

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
I'm so sorry he didn't make it :( but I'm glad the other one survived! Would love to see the new fishy when you eventually get it!

Reactions: Ali

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m sorry you lost a fish :(

I wish I could find someone who cared as much as you do to take all my fish!

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
I’m sorry you lost a fish :(

I wish I could find someone who cared as much as you do to take all my fish!
Aw thank you! Are you trying to find your fish a new home?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Aw thank you! Are you trying to find your fish a new home?
Yes but they will only go to someone who will care for them properly as too many people get them and don't even try to care for them properly. I am hoping to find someone with a pond to take them on.

IRNluv

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivia
Unless you're gone for more than three weeks you don't need to leave food for them. Larger fish can fast for a few weeks to no ill effect. Breeders who ship internationally fast specimens for one week prior to shipping so ammonia doesn't build up in the bag as bad. International shipping can take a week or more and most fish arrive and thrive. I'm an avid goldfish keeper myself. I'm more into the Chinese imports tho. 20200621_190339_HDR.jpg
Have you tested the water quality of their tank yet? Its more likely the excess food screwed up your chemistry.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
Unless you're gone for more than three weeks you don't need to leave food for them. Larger fish can fast for a few weeks to no ill effect. Breeders who ship internationally fast specimens for one week prior to shipping so ammonia doesn't build up in the bag as bad. International shipping can take a week or more and most fish arrive and thrive. I'm an avid goldfish keeper myself. I'm more into the Chinese imports tho. View attachment 349392
Have you tested the water quality of their tank yet? Its more likely the excess food screwed up your chemistry.
yep! We’ve tested and we will be testing again. Glad to know about the food thing!

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
Yes but they will only go to someone who will care for them properly as too many people get them and don't even try to care for them properly. I am hoping to find someone with a pond to take them on.
That’s a good idea! Do you have koi?