• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ali's Menagerie: The Thread!

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
Well..... it's NOT a snapping turtle, a red slider, a map turtle, or a soft shell turtle...... probably? Turtles are not really my thing. It's not yours, is it?

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
It's not yours, is it?
Well, I know the basics eg. Snapper, sliders, map, musk, soft shell, mata mata, but I am not sure on this one. I was thinking maybe reeves, but I have never seen a reeves turtle before

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Well, I know the basics eg. Snapper, sliders, map, musk, soft shell, mata mata, but I am not sure on this one. I was thinking maybe reeves, but I have never seen a reeves turtle before
I have been told by someone that knows their stuff that it is probably a reeves.

@Zonlover I just realised what you meant about it being mine. No, it isn't my turtle, I was just curious as I had never seen one that looked like that before

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m sorry for your loss

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
BIRD PEOPLE-- LOVE IT... better than pictures of children! Well, maybe not... to those who may take offense!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
BIRD PEOPLE-- LOVE IT... better than pictures of children! Well, maybe not... to those who may take offense!
Now, I do agree with that. Pictures of animals are so look much better

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
The newbies will be introduced when the wake up. That is a big clue for those of you that don't know what they are.

Their cage reminds me of Iris's situation, so that will need to change soon too. Give me a few hours and I'm sure I'll have something to show you!

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
The newbies will be introduced when the wake up. That is a big clue for those of you that don't know what they are.

Their cage reminds me of Iris's situation, so that will need to change soon too. Give me a few hours and I'm sure I'll have something to show you!
Yeah.... who are you talking about? I mean, my first guess is turtles, but do you keep turtles in cages?

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Looks a wee bit gross
When it's frozen in ice cubes it looks so much better.

Anyway, now some of you know what they are, let me tell you the it story!

So, about 3 weeks ago I found 2 male sugar gliders for rehoming. The old owners were moving away and sadly couldn't take the boys with them. They are three years old na deje most beautiful little things on the planet, honestly. They are nocturnal so I have not yet managed to get a good picture of them. They are so far unnamed, however they do have names in my signature because those are our current favourites. If I get a
enough suggestions, I might start a polling thread.

We are leaving them to settle for a little while, and then we will start bonding with them. After Christmas, I am going to custom build them a naturalistic enclosure. I can't wait for this new journey, and it is amazing to take on her another animal in need of a home and take on this new and exciting challenge.

I can't wait to show you pictures when I get some!