• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ali was adopted last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
So, I adopted out Alinea, a Goffin's Cockatoo last night. Uhhhh, I miss her already. :o: She was so cute and so sweet. I know she will do great with her new family but it still doesn't mean I won't miss her. I know that I can't keep them all and I try not to get attached to them but sometimes you just can't help it. Her new family called me today and let me know that she is doing ok and was walking around on the floor. I am very happy for her but still a little sad.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. She is cute. I can understand you missing her. How long was she in your home? Hope she continues to do well in her new home.:hug8:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Aww. She is cute. I can understand you missing her. How long was she in your home? Hope she continues to do well in her new home.:hug8:
She was surrendered in September, I know it is not very long but long enough to become attached.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
OH Look at that adorable face! I can see why you would miss her.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Thank you sooo much for helping Ali find her new home.:hug8:

It has got to be soooo hard to let them go. :(

Ali is one of the special ones ~ I hope Ali new owner is wonderful!

I do imagine some you are REALLY happy to see leave though.

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
Curiosity question: Was Alinea kept by herself or with another bird in the same cage? Or did she come to you looking like that (probably the latter I assume?)...... Reason I ask is because I thought it peculiar that her neck and top of head is the worse plucked areas on her body. How did she even reach those areas? Not possible with the beak, is it?

So, I adopted out Alinea, a Goffin's Cockatoo last night. Uhhhh, I miss her already. :o: She was so cute and so sweet. I know she will do great with her new family but it still doesn't mean I won't miss her. I know that I can't keep them all and I try not to get attached to them but sometimes you just can't help it. Her new family called me today and let me know that she is doing ok and was walking around on the floor. I am very happy for her but still a little sad.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I do imagine some you are REALLY happy to see leave though.

I know I am at times. Its horrible but true! I actually feel bad about it also. LOL. '

99% of them I love..its that 1% that makes me nuts.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

YAY for Ali....

I can answer that question toasty buns..funny name btw.

Ali was 1 of 6 surrendered that were ex breeders. It was a crazy situation and that is how Jen, myself , and stacy ended up with ex breeders that needed adopting out. Ali was bred for years..I do not remember if she was wild caught but the two I had here were wild caught and seniors. Sarah still is here (BCC) the Hahns Ivy was adopted last week.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Yes Crystal Ali was wild caught and her mate plucked her like that. Her mate was sold and she was surrendered to us. She didn't start that plucking here! I actually got her chest plucking stopped. Poor thing. She was 30+ years and never handled. She was wild caught and put directly into a breeding situation. I know she will do great with her new family.

Any I shouln't say it but Yes there are some birds that I am happy to see go. LOL for example Quakers are not my favorite. I will always rescue a Quaker in need but I NEVER WANT one. LOL :)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I don't hold it against you! Lol

I am just glad you can do it :):)

Surely some birds can get on your nerves more than others.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I don't hold it against you! Lol

I am just glad you can do it :):)

Surely some birds can get on your nerves more than others.

You are right, I don't hate any birds but there are some that I prefer to others.I have not yet found a Quaker that likes me though lol hahaha I got my pet quaker from a baby before I started the bird rescue. I hand fed her from 4 weeks old and she bonded to my dad, laid an egg in his hand and hates me hahaha Silly Quakers :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.