• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alexandrine egg

Aevi

Moving in
Real Name
Namju
SO this year i got an alexandrine from rescue turns out shes is a female tho am not experienced with birds so IDK if they are supposed to give eggs every month or if theres some specific breeding time in the year where they lay eggs tho this one have no partner....and she doesn't like the company with other birds that i have(a conure and budgies) she seems very attached with me and since the day i found her i.e JAnuary first week till now she hvnt laid a single egg

so basically i wanna know if she gonna lay any egg like those unfertilised ones

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If she is a female, it is all but guaranteed that she will lay eggs on and off throughout her life. How often will depend on her genetics and hormonal stimuli that she is exposed to.

Aevi

Moving in
Real Name
Namju
If she is a female, it is all but guaranteed that she will lay eggs on and off throughout her life. How often will depend on her genetics and hormonal stimuli that she is exposed to.
its been 7 months now she hvnt laid once so i was kinda worried regarding that

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Dramatic changes in environment can hold back egg laying. The change from her old home to the rescue to your house could be enough to hold her back until she truly feels comfotable and settled in.