• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Aldoras ¨¨song¨¨

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:canthear::canthear::canthear:

Yes, at 00:42 seconds, that is Lapis copying her mum! :arghh:

:backout:

Ps, the videos don´t really do the level of noise any justice...:dead:

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Momo really enjoyed it. Thank you!

But what happened to one of the bells on the swing?

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aoife enjoyed it too! She sings like this most of every day. Sometimes Galahad yells at her for it, though.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Momo really enjoyed it.
Does Momo ever make this sound?

But what happened to one of the bells on the swing?
Aldora got hormonal. She wrecked two Y perches, the cotton perch, 2 plastic water bowls and the bell.
Adelie also takes the bell off hers, but doesn´t break it, she actually takes the bell off the ring! I have no idea how she does it but I keep putting hers back.

She sings like this most of every day.
At least mine aren´t the only ones who do it!
The boys don´t, just those two hens. I hope Adelie doesn´t start with it...

Sometimes Galahad yells at her for it, though.
I´m not surprised!!! It is heckishly annoying!

MahaSarah

Real Name
Maha
So sweet :fairy2: My babies were chirping back to them haha

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Jo and Loki liked it as well ;)
Since they’re budgies and their “singing” is quite different, it actually sounded quite good...lovebird lead singers with budgie backup singers lol

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My babies were chirping back to them haha
So sweet!
We need pictures or videos of your guys!
I couldn´t imagine living with 10 lol not in my little apartment anyway so I´d love to see how you do it! But then... maybe as you get more birds you don´t notice the extras...

BTW, I asked my man about getting a Personatus when we move into a house and he´s fine with that :D Not that he would have had much choice, but the words have come from his mouth so it´a done deal... Hopefully we´ll move before next summer.

it actually sounded quite good...lovebird lead singers with budgie backup singers lol
:lol: I´m not sure much can make her squaking sound good buy hey-ho. I´m glad your birds like it! I love budgies when they sing, so calming and peaceful :)

Lapis has just piped up with the sound!.. :eek:
I much prefer their froggy noise..... :(

MahaSarah

Real Name
Maha
Haha, my phone is flooded with photos of them. They are all my babies.

Luckily I live in a decently sized home! Tbh the back porch saved me because that is their huge play area and that is where everyone hangs out all the time. They have a lot of room to fly and play.

Good luck with moving! I hope you find the perfect baby for you :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:hehe: Cute! :laugh:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Made my dog bark. :D
This doesn´t surprise me :lol:
Jacob hasn´t come in the room all day. He stuck his head around the door this morning and made a U turn! He´s sleeping in my bedroom where it´s quieter.:wacky:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

I´m not surprised!!! It is heckishly annoying!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the sound he makes really sounds to me like he's saying "shut up!" He'll do it right after her too, it's pretty funny, I can almost hear the gears in Aoife's head turning: "is he for real?? I'm the queen here...." one day I'll get a recording but when they do it it feels like I'm going to lose my mind! o_O

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
You're planning on getting a personata!? Yay!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You're planning on getting a personata!? Yay!
For sure! A green one :flb:
It will be interesting having a new species join the family. I don´t know when this will happen. We had a setback with one of our businesses over the last 6 months, but things seem to be going ahead now. We had originally planned to be moving this summer but it now looks like it will be in the spring time.
Really, I could add another bird now, but I think I´m already taking liberties with the neighbours :lol:
It will be interesting to see what happens with my rent contract this year, it´s up in 3 months and we almost got evicted last year.
We will see :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
For sure! A green one :flb:
It will be interesting having a new species join the family. I don´t know when this will happen. We had a setback with one of our businesses over the last 6 months, but things seem to be going ahead now. We had originally planned to be moving this summer but it now looks like it will be in the spring time.
Really, I could add another bird now, but I think I´m already taking liberties with the neighbours :lol:
It will be interesting to see what happens with my rent contract this year, it´s up in 3 months and we almost got evicted last year.
We will see :)
I completely missed this! Did you decide you wanted one after seeing that one in the aviary? I really like the eyerings, it's really cute watching them fall asleep with white rings in a black face. I'd love to move to a small house but I just don't have the time to do it right now. And my neighbors don't seem to have a problem with my birds, we have so many trees in the neighborhood it's hard to distinguish an outside bird from one of my birds! Well, for them anyway, I could hear a lovebird in a crowd of other birds.

Last edited:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes for sure. I had seen masked lovebirds before but I was never drawn to them - maybe that was because they were in pet shops, who knows.

I don´t know if my neighbour has a problem with the noise. I made her a plant, I´m going to give it to her later this week when it is stronger lol

We have flocks of quakers flying down the street every day, when the seeds in the palm trees are ready they come and eat them all, making a lot of noise while they do it... but their noise is very distinguishable from my birds lol So I can´t blame the noise on them...

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Yes for sure. I had seen masked lovebirds before but I was never drawn to them - maybe that was because they were in pet shops, who knows.

I don´t know if my neighbour has a problem with the noise. I made her a plant, I´m going to give it to her later this week when it is stronger lol

We have flocks of quakers flying down the street every day, when the seeds in the palm trees are ready they come and eat them all, making a lot of noise while they do it... but their noise is very distinguishable from my birds lol So I can´t blame the noise on them...
I know you know your lovebirds, not sure how it is in Spain but over here in the US there are a lot of hybrids being passed off as pure masked.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yea I bet that happens here too.
I haven´t looked into any birds because it won´t be for a while yet, so I´m not sure how often stuff like that happens. We´ll see ;)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
M&M are also listening and singing with them.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I know nothing about avian genetics (I'm taking genetics this fall) but I think someone previously said Aoife can't be a hybrid because she's blue?