• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Aldora is happy again :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So we´ve done the eggs... done the mood swings... done with all the aggression... and now she´s calmer again. She is much more active, coming out of her cage more often, flying more and in turn, coming to greet me more. And because she´s not hormonal now, she doesn´t attack the little ones for getting to close to their mum, which is nice because the first thing they do after leaving their cage is look for their parents.

Anyway, I just love when she´s like this, I feel like she is happy.

(Link to prev. thread about Aldora)

IMG_20190706_152631.jpg

IMG_20190706_152651.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's great that she's back to her old self again. I always feel bad for females during hormonal/egg laying season. It's gotta be so hard on the poor dears. I'm sure you're both happy to have a sigh of relief. Hugs to you both!! :hug8:

BTW She's gorgeous and so is your whole flock:heart::xflove:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Aww she’s adorable! They’re all adorable! :dance4:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thank you both :)
She really is a beautiful bird! I´m not quite sure what´s going on with her face between her beak and eye, I´m just hoping it´s moulting.

I always feel bad for females during hormonal/egg laying season. It's gotta be so hard on the poor dears.
Yes so true. Plus smaller birds lay so many eggs. Which is why I turn a blind eye to the agression. Aldora turns into a shark that can smell blood. For such a little bird she can be quite the menace. I just give her space, that´s all I can do. It´s hard to get her motivated to fly etc but we manage.
Now that I have two more hens, I´m just hoping they are OK when they lay. I won´t sit around any worry how they will change or be scared of them getting hormonal, but I just hope they manage it stress free :)
At least it should be easier for me to get them out to fly because they are both ¨tame¨, we´ll see..

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
These two usually fight constantly to the point I can't have them out together but today they ate together and were fine :)
So nice to see them just be with each other ❤

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aww so sweet! :heart::heart: