• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Albino Budgie Gender?

bee_salsa

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, I have an albino budgie I think is about 8 months old. We think it's a girl because of her cere color but being albino it's somewhat hard to tell. "She" is very timid (from our experience females can be very timid) but also talks a LOT, like a male budgie, and that's what confuses us. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
She's looking female. What colour are her eyes? Are they bright red in normal lighting or are they dark? I ask because there seems to be some colouration in her feathering, meaning she's more likely to be dark eyed clear rather than true albino.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lovely budgie! Is the minty iced green hue to her breast feathers real or the camera?!

bee_salsa

They're dark red. You can definitely tell they're red in normal lighting. She's all white- the flash from the camera makes it look like her feathers are a little green.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
I agree that cere appears female. She is beautiful. Don't be fooled into thinking that only the males talk. Little ladies can be quite chatty too...lol. Also if that is a flashed photo it could change her cere colour. Is it a bluish/soft lavender or a deeper pink? Deeper pink is male.

Last edited:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
She's a dark eyed clear. The flash is showing her pied markings.
True albinos have bright red eyes.

bee_salsa

I agree that cere appears female. She is beautiful. Don't be fooled into thinking that only the males talk. Little ladies can be quite chatty too...lol. Also if that is a flashed photo it could change her cere colour. Is it a bluish/soft lavender or a deeper pink? Deeper pink is male.
Yeah, it's bluish/soft lavender. Thanks for your help!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
:godmor::welcome2: You have one beautiful budgie!