• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air sac mites

zhsh832

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
zain
Hello, I wanted to know if it would be ok to use injectable ivermectin meant for life stock on finches please (oral consumption) after being diluted that is.

The solution available is is marked at 1 percent % so I was thinking of mixing a milleliter of the medicine in a liter of water.

Well my main worry is that would it be fine to orally consume an injectable medicine as I have been told that it may cause toxicity in the birds.

Thankyou.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
There is an oral live stock Ivermectin. If my memory serves,,?

This isn't something I feel comfortable advising on.

I'd recommend getting advice and treatment from Avian vet, often greatly reduced fir aviary flock birds

zhsh832

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
zain
Well where I live it's hard to find oral solutions but ivermectin tablets are available

6 milligram ones (mg) but the issue is the dissolving ratio with the liquid I know I should be putting in 1 ml per a liter but what about the tablets

Maybe one tablet in 6 liters of water ?

I would have preferred scat and s76 but nothing like them are available in my part of the world and avian Vets are again a scarce commodity.