• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air purifier

Allycat21!

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ally
Asthma sufferer here as well. One of the reasons I've had HEPA filters since they were the size of two tires stacked on top of each other (honeywell 80's). Now with just the smaller filter and daily meds I can nap in the bird room.

Edit: we have a lot going on in this thread
Lol yes we do. Thank you for the information

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine
Tteok is on me wherever I am lol. TV room, bird room, bathroom... He's like a noisy shadow :roflmao:

Here are pics - this is basically what you'll be dealing with for the next number of years. It's just this, all the time.
Yup, my shoulder looks like that right now. And pretty much every day.

Chatot5

Meeting neighbors
I just want to weigh in and say that it’s okay if you decide you can’t handle the dust from this bird. Maybe you’d be able to handle a less dusty species.
My son developed a dog allergy that we didn’t know about until we got a new dog. We returned the new dog and kept the dog we had, with the type of mitigating measures mentioned above. Because she was part of the family, and we couldn’t imagine rehoming her. But I also didn’t want to make a new 15 year commitment to those mitigating measures knowing about the allergy off the bat. It doesn’t mean you don’t love the new pet, but they can easily adapt to another home still.
I hope that makes sense. No judgment here no matter which way you decide to go.

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
I have seen this one recommended quite a bit and I have it on my Amazon wish list to check out when I have some extra cash.

Allycat21!

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ally
I just want to weigh in and say that it’s okay if you decide you can’t handle the dust from this bird. Maybe you’d be able to handle a less dusty species.
My son developed a dog allergy that we didn’t know about until we got a new dog. We returned the new dog and kept the dog we had, with the type of mitigating measures mentioned above. Because she was part of the family, and we couldn’t imagine rehoming her. But I also didn’t want to make a new 15 year commitment to those mitigating measures knowing about the allergy off the bat. It doesn’t mean you don’t love the new pet, but they can easily adapt to another home still.
I hope that makes sense. No judgment here no matter which way you decide to go.
I figured out I was getting sick and it wasn’t the bird. Now sometimes when I change his poop because I used stuff from my paper shredder I sneeze. The appear quite dusty so I’m going to try something eles. I’m good now

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I figured out I was getting sick and it wasn’t the bird. Now sometimes when I change his poop because I used stuff from my paper shredder I sneeze. The appear quite dusty so I’m going to try something eles. I’m good now
Plain paper to catch poop works best, it’s the cleanest and easiest for you to remove and has the added bonus of making it really easy for you to monitor poops for health.

Allycat21!

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ally
Plain paper to catch poop works best, it’s the cleanest and easiest for you to remove and has the added bonus of making it really easy for you to monitor poops for health.
Ah k well I had a lot of shredded paper so I was tryin to use that

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ah k well I had a lot of shredded paper so I was tryin to use that
Shredded paper is dusty and won’t allow you to monitor poop. It’s important to keep an eye on poop as it’s a great indicator of health issues that may arise.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I have seen this one recommended quite a bit and I have it on my Amazon wish list to check out when I have some extra cash.
I can't recommend that one enough. I have it and love it. Plus it has an app so you can change settings as needed whenever.