• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air purifier.

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Following! I have two Winix purifiers in my home that are for large rooms. I've been happy with their performance. I've since purchasd a 3rd to put in my bird room. I ordered the same kind for the sake of simplicity when changing filters. They're not expensive, but that's relative of course. They're $150 USD, which is reasonable for me as some purifiers can run quite a bit more.

To be honest, I didn't consider if they were bird safe or not. I wasn't aware some weren't. ‍♀

I have outlawed other "unsafe" items in my home now such as candles, teflon coated stuff (air fryer, rice cooker ☹, clothing and hair irons) . Those have been relocated to the enclosed patio and used there now.

C535 3-Stage True HEPA Air Purifier with PlasmaWave® Technology

Last edited:

Jxdeeyy

Strolling the yard
Following! I have two Winix purifiers in my home that are for large rooms. I've been happy with their performance. I've since purchasd a 3rd to put in my bird room. I ordered the same kind for the sake of simplicity when changing filters. They're not expensive, but that's relative of course. They're $150 USD, which is reasonable for me as some purifiers can run quite a bit more.

To be honest, I didn't consider if they were bird safe or not. I wasn't aware some weren't. ‍♀

I have outlawed other "unsafe" items in my home now such as candles, teflon coated stuff (air fryer, rice cooker ☹, clothing and hair irons) . Those have been relocated to the enclosed patio and used there now.

I didn’t realise either until after I’d bought one! I believe the ionizing kind are dangerous as they emit ozone, which can cause respiratory issues, even for people apparently! But I’m not sure what else to look out for, hopefully can get some advice :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The unit you link to would be fine. Levoit are a trusted brand so if they state a product is ozone free then rest assured it is.
I'm due to buy new filters for mine but I'm looking at this one now - great performance for it's size.

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Oh no! I had no idea. It seems the units I have do emit ozone, but the feature that does can be turned off. I think I'll be returning my new one to be on the safe side.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I used a Levoit just like the one you linked for several years until we upgraded to a Rabbit Air. We had no problems with it and still have it.

Jxdeeyy

Strolling the yard
The unit you link to would be fine. Levoit are a trusted brand so if they state a product is ozone free then rest assured it is.
I'm due to buy new filters for mine but I'm looking at this one now - great performance for it's size.
I used a Levoit just like the one you linked for several years until we upgraded to a Rabbit Air. We had no problems with it and still have it.
Okay brilliant, thank you. I’ll order that one then :)