• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air purifier

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Been looking for an air purifier for my room. Nothing crazy seeing linnies aren't as dusty as other birds. Now I saw that the ikea brought out air purifiers.
Just wondering if it is safe to use or not, it has non-woven polypropylene filter/ HEPA filter.

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
Looks like a box with a fan and a filter. Looks pretty bird-safe to me.

Only thing I'd remind you to check is availability of replacement filters -- both the standard and the carbon filters. They usually need to be swapped out every 6 mo. to year, and can range from quite expensive to completely unobtainable. I've bought a filter in the latter category -- generally not a "good deal". If you can, I'd lean towards the middle of that range (reasonably inexpensive ;) ), since over time, you'll spend far more in the filters than the box they go in.

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Looks like a box with a fan and a filter. Looks pretty bird-safe to me.

Only thing I'd remind you to check is availability of replacement filters -- both the standard and the carbon filters. They usually need to be swapped out every 6 mo. to year, and can range from quite expensive to completely unobtainable. I've bought a filter in the latter category -- generally not a "good deal". If you can, I'd lean towards the middle of that range (reasonably inexpensive ;) ), since over time, you'll spend far more in the filters than the box they go in.
Thank you ^^

Linniemum

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Red
I have same one, an leave it on low all time, it quite noisy on higher settings , an still open windows to let fresh air in