• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air Purifier

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think my big Austin Air Purifier may be gasping for its last breath. I’ll send it off to be repaired but I’m thinking about possibly getting a Rabbit. Any suggestions as to what model?

Are there any new up-and-coming brands that are recommended?

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I have older floor models of the RabbitAir. Really you only have to decide whether you want it to sit on the floor or hang on the wall.
Only 2 basic models to choose from aside from possible decorative touches on the wall one.
I've been wondering about some of the new brands myself so I'll be interested to see what people are thinking.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have older floor models of the RabbitAir. Really you only have to decide whether you want it to sit on the floor or hang on the wall.
Only 2 basic models to choose from aside from possible decorative touches on the wall one.
I've been wondering about some of the new brands myself so I'll be interested to see what people are thinking.
The Rabbit Air that hangs on the wall... do you know if it pushes out a lot of air that there would be a draft? That's my complaint with the Austin Air in the winter, I just can't get away from the air return. I feel it no matter which way I turn it.

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I have 2 Alen Breathsmart and 1 whirlpool whispure 510. Love them both. I'm not sure if they make the whispure anymore but I still am able to get filters.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
The Rabbit Air that hangs on the wall... do you know if it pushes out a lot of air that there would be a draft? That's my complaint with the Austin Air in the winter, I just can't get away from the air return. I feel it no matter which way I turn it.
I don't know, but I think @saroj12 has one of the wall ones

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I have four of them. I don't consider them drafty. They suck from the bottom and sides and blow out the top.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have four of them. I don't consider them drafty. They suck from the bottom and sides and blow out the top.
Do I want to get the Minusa2 model?

EDIT: What filters do you choose?

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The most important thing about any air filter is its size. If you get a bigger machine than you need it will be more efficient. Stay cleaner and take much longer before you have to replace filters.

A too small machine will always have to work harder. Plug up quickly (causing it to work harder Again) replace filters more often and ultimately shorten the machines life. This rule applies to most tools and machines.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Do I want to get the Minusa2 model?

EDIT: What filters do you choose?
All of mine are minus A2. I wouldn't buy anything else as I like them. Efficient when I need, quiet when I need, they have auto sleep and are easy to maintain.

All the "custom" filters are the same. ;) I asked. There are not better/worse specs using any of the four. It's a comfort buy. ;)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I replace the filters once a year on all but my cockatoo one. The one by my cockatoos gets replaced every 6 months. At the new house I may end up changing the basement one every six. I did it at 6 last time and it needed it but, I have much better control of the basement now that we knows it's ins and outs.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
I’m LOVING my Dyson one, it’s an air conditioner plus air purifier but there’s a mode to turn off the cool air.

They are expensive but worth it.