• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air purifier dangers?

anurim

Strolling the yard
Hi all! I've recently been interested in buying an air purifier since I have a cockatiel. Now, the question that I have is: Are there any dangers in HEPA air purifiers? Should all of them be safe? I really have no idea, but I want to be sure about anything that may be dangerous. What air purifiers do you recommend/have? Any advice is welcomed!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Most are safe, however there is debate about whether Ionize functions are safe around birds, with the consensus being to avoid it. So either get one that doesn't claim to ionize the air, or at least have a way to shut it off. They are usually pretty proud of that feature and will have it listed on the packaging/website.

anurim

Strolling the yard
Most are safe, however there is debate about whether Ionize functions are safe around birds, with the consensus being to avoid it. So either get one that doesn't claim to ionize the air, or at least have a way to shut it off. They are usually pretty proud of that feature and will have it listed on the packaging/website.
Thanks! I have found one that doesn't ionize the air and looks pretty good. It's from the brand levoit, the levoit core 300 HEPA, if you have heard about it :)