• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Agressive behavior????

Emi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emilia kargol
Hello again!
so as some of you know, i have a red bellied parrot. I got him almost a month ago, he is completely tame, sand loves petting and things like that, but a few minutes ago when i tried to pet him he started lunging on my fingers and bite the crap out of them… did he lose trust to me? Thats the only thing im thinking about now..
But, i think the reason could be the LED tape i just put on my walls today. i read on the internet that enviroment changes could be the reason for agressive behavior..
could that be the true reason? Nothing but that changed.

Watching your Bird behave like it’s losing trust just hurts…

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Could just be grumpy. Ever felt like biting the heads off everyone around you?

Could be the environment change. Some LEDs can have a strobe effect for birds that is invisible to us; could be giving him a headache

Could be hormonal. Teenagers anyone? :lol:

I wouldn't assume loss of trust on one occasion ;)

Emi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emilia kargol
Thanks for the reply! About the strobe effect, is it forever? Or will he get used to it and he wont get headaches anymore? The LED's were expencive, it would be really sad to take them off.. but if they will affect the bird forever i guess i just have to do it.. Anyways he calmed down and everything is normal right now, i'll check him later when I put on the led's.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thanks for the reply! About the strobe effect, is it forever? Or will he get used to it and he wont get headaches anymore? The LED's were expencive, it would be really sad to take them off.. but if they will affect the bird forever i guess i just have to do it.. Anyways he calmed down and everything is normal right now, i'll check him later when I put on the led's.
The strobing will be forever. They see faster than we do so they can see the tiny little flickers of electricity that are part of LEDs. Not all birds react to it, and it was just a thought; I don't know for sure that this is what has happened with your bird, thus I would be unable to tell you if it will be "forever"