• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aggressiveness towards toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Keiba, my IRN, is really aggressive towards his toys, I've tried putting all different sorts, and I've taken out new ones and left previous ones in there, but he's still aggressive towards them. I really don't understand if it's the fact he hates his toys, or that he see's them as a "threat" lol. I have a few times only let him have 2-3 and them 3-4, 4-5 etc, but it didn't make a difference, at one stage for a bit, he only had two toys in his cage (he does have access to a foraging bowl which he loved every day, all day, in his cage and while he's having out time) but I felt far too bad for him to only have 2 in there.

And by aggressive, he'll get really puffed up and attack it, bite it, and try and rip it to pieces/destroy it. Maybe it could be that he's excited? he pins his eyes and all.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
that's a pretty typical 'play' behavior for many birds. Jasper will hang upside-down from a toy, flap, scream, growl and bite the everloving snot out of it, all in good fun. He also enjoys taking toys, attacking them and bashing them against the side of the cage.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I agree, very typical behavior for a bird that's 'getting into it' :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.