• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aggressive preening

Fleebee13

Moving in
Real Name
Lee-Anne Spencer
Anyone know about aggressive preening I say to the like of a human having split ends my boy Asher has, ever since he could preen has been a bit rough all feather ends withing his beaks reach have lost colour and its not getting better ? I dont use any creams or moisturiser near him, I'm thinking it's psychological?
Thank you. Lee

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Does he have any type of preening toys? That may help?

Fleebee13

Moving in
Real Name
Lee-Anne Spencer
Yes he has quite a library of toys I'm starting to believe it's diet related, I've always given him a daily chop of fruit and veg alongside his wetmix changed throughout the day but have noticed he's not really eaten much of the chop at all, I'm going to take him to the vet next week just to have him checked over as he looks quite ratty. He's always been happy and alert and when I've been to the vet before on a few occasions for clip and nail trim they've said he looks okay, maybe because they were just a regular vet, I don't know but Im taking him to an actual avian vet this time in hopes I'll get more information.