• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aggressive conure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konstantinos

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Κωνσταντίνος-Konstantinos
I have a behavior problem with Paris. The last time when a friend comes at my home he became aggressive to me ,bites me and wants to go on friend arm or shoulder. The same do when I take him at my friends house. Only with my parents and my sister is ok at their house and if he see another man he became aggressive to me again. When the friend leave the house or when I take him from friends houses and return home he became the good quite, playful and lovely bird who wants to give kisses and hugs to me.He started do this in Augost and supposed he is in mate time. All the other time he is a very good bird. I can not understand why he reacts like this way with my friends.

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
My lovebird does the same, when my boyfriend is around, I no longer exsist and I better not try to get her off of him!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Konstantinos

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
ok I understand I have no problem to go to everyone, my problem is why he wants to bite me.

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
By biting you, he is trying to make you go away... it's his way of saying "Please leave, Konstantinos". He wants to claim your friend as his own and thinks that you are competing with him.

I think that since he sees your parents and sisters family so often, that he thinks of them as part of his flock. When a new person comes around (like your friend), he wants to become friendly with them. He bites you to try and make you leave so that he does not have any competition.

Konstantinos

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Thanks everyone.I think it is all you wrote.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Ella will get this way if Paul is around. She has selected him as her mate, and while I have been working with her, its better for me to leave her alone if she is on Paul for an extended period of time, or she will view me as "competition" (which essentially, I am, the little brat. She gets more kissies from my hubby than I do sometimes :p) and will go after me if I get too close.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Or could it be that he's afraid Konstantinos will leave him for his friend and he's biting to make him stay away from his friend?

Ginger

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
I agree this is a possibility. My QP Buddy who never bites will give me a warning nip if I talk to my hubby too much when I am holding her. She is telling me, keep your eyes off him and behave yourself. You belong to me!!!!! :D

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
It is the opposite for me. If someone is over and I take Chiquita out Chiquita will attack other people but not me, she is protecting me. Boomer will just go on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.