• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AG Aviary

Titia

Moving in
I’m thinking of purchasing a timneh from AG Aviary. Anyone know if they are legit? I can’t believe there are so many scammers out there. Just wondering if anyone had any dealings with them...

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Be careful with this one.
Not saying they're not legit, but I couldn't find any additional info on them online.
Just their website.
No reviews or anything.
Hopefully someone else knows more about them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The website URL was just assigned on 11-12-2019, which always makes me suspect when there is no other online presence.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I looked up Dr. Alan Pierce, the listed vet. I can't find anything about him at all. Maybe I'm searching in the wrong place.
If this place is in TX and he works with them then I don't know why his license isn't listed here:

I also don't see him listed in the California vet license lookup and it states he worked at Platt College "Adjunct Professor of Avian and Exotic Animal Medicine at The Platt College-Los Angeles" . This college does not offer vet medicine programs but does offer a vet tech program.
Scroll down in the above link to see info about the vet.

I assume you called and talked to them about their birds.

Titia

Moving in
I looked up Dr. Alan Pierce, the listed vet. I can't find anything about him at all. Maybe I'm searching in the wrong place.
If this place is in TX and he works with them then I don't know why his license isn't listed here:

I also don't see him listed in the California vet license lookup and it states he worked at Platt College "Adjunct Professor of Avian and Exotic Animal Medicine at The Platt College-Los Angeles" . This college does not offer vet medicine programs but does offer a vet tech program.
Scroll down in the above link to see info about the vet.

I assume you called and talked to them about their birds.
Thank you so much. I too looked the vet school and only saw vet tech classes too! They never have gotten back to me with 2 references I could actually talk to.
Anyone have any reputable aviary I could possibly buy my baby timneh grey!!?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Klax

Checking out the neighborhood
Can confirm that they are scam artists. Relative of mine was just scammed by them. Paid them for bird, sent all kinds of transport information; when to arrive at the airport, flight numbers, etc. Bird never arrives and they don't answer calls or email. Have just started looking into it as I just found out about it. After further investigation I found another individual scammed in the same way by them at roughly the same time. I'm glad you guys were able to avoid them from the looks of it, but just wanted to put this out there in case anybody else runs across them and finds their way here.

Their website looked good, but further digging revealed their website is using doctored images, all of the A.G. Aviary branding in any of the photos was edited in.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
agaviary.com is now a seized domain, FWIW.

Klax

Checking out the neighborhood
agaviary.com is now a seized domain, FWIW.
Just curious what that means if it’s been seized, I reported them to the police, Venmo, as well as the domain seever that was giving them contact privacy. So I’m curious if that means they will get busted somehow.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It is under investigation. Maybe by law enforcement or the administrator of the host/server?