• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Pygmy Hegdehog Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
Hi There,

You guys remember Sidney, right?

Well, meet the new addition, Mocha! I love the brown ones so i jumped at the chance to have her when she became available at the breeders :dancing:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: they are both soooooooooooooooooocute...congratulatons on the new addition...ohmygod I want a hedgehog..i wanna hedgehog...breathe breathe I WANNA HEDGEHOG...awww

Jess

Real Name
Jess
:omg: they are both soooooooooooooooooocute...congratulatons on the new addition...ohmygod I want a hedgehog..i wanna hedgehog...breathe breathe I WANNA HEDGEHOG...awww
Thanks Anne!

They are so so so cute and addictive! I love them!

Heres a really quick video of Mocha taken yesterday:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
OH MY GOSH!

They are too freakin cute!!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi There,

You guys remember Sidney, right?

Well, meet the new addition, Mocha! I love the brown ones so i jumped at the chance to have her when she became available at the breeders :dancing:
Oh my gosh, she is gorgeous. Can you tell us what they are like as pets? Are they legal in all states? They're really cute. My close friend just got a baby Chinchilla last week because she was so devastated at having lost her squirrel.

feebee

Jogging around the block
oh they are so cute, can you hold them when they get to adult size? do their spikes hurt? are they friendly pets? what do you house them in? what do you feed them?

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are so cute!! I would really like to know more about these guys! What do they eat? Are they cuddly? Do they bite? Are they mischievous? Do they like to steal items like farrets? What kind of noises to they make? Do you they like new people? etc... Ok now I am done with the questions lol

Jess

Real Name
Jess
Ok... Here we go!

They are so cute!! I would really like to know more about these guys!

What do they eat? Their main diet is dried cat food, with wet tinned cat food occassionally, cooked chicken and ham, fruit and veg and insects

Are they cuddly? Not cuddly as such, but they enjoy coming out of the cage and being handled. I have a small pen for mine to run around in.

Do they bite? I have never heard of a hedgehog biting, just make sure to get one that is used to being handled from a baby.

Are they mischievous? Not really! Very curious and they love burrowing.

Do they like to steal items like farrets? No

What kind of noises to they make? None really. They will occassionally huff and puff (which you can hear in Mochas vid) if they are nervous or grumpy.

Do you they like new people? Mine have been handled by different people and been really friendly, its very much like parrots, some will and some wont!

etc... Ok now I am done with the questions lol

oh they are so cute, can you hold them when they get to adult size? Yes, just make sure to handle them daily as babies! do their spikes hurt? only when they roll up into a ball, when the spikes lay flat they just feed like a really thick bristled brush. are they friendly pets? yes, a properly raised one loves human interaction what do you house them in? My two are in indoor rabbit cages

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Thanks for answering all my questions :)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I love the brown one, very cute.

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Awe, too cute! I have an albino female. Would have liked a salt n pepper, but albino was all the breeder had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.