• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African or Indian Ringneck

Hannahlt

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hannah
Hello! We just got our little Banzai three days ago! When I bought Banzai I was told it was an African. That is what the pet store had it under. (I say it because we are waiting for the DNA test to come back on Banzai’s gender)
I posted a picture of Banzai on Facebook and people kept saying it was an Indian RN.

We are fine with either but just want to learn even more about the breed Banzai might be! I know In time we will know but I’m just a little impatient!

Banzai is a lime green color with A red-ish beak. There is black under Banzais beak. You can also see a lighter green outline around its neck. Banzai is 8-9 months right now!

Any suggestions or thought are appreciated!

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm no expert by any means but I think he maybe an African. Let me tag @Monica I believe she has an African Ringneck. He or she is adorable though and I love the name.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bird.

At the end of the day Indian or African they are both be rose-ring parrots (Psittacula krameri ). The different morph is only slight. The care and enrichment for both will be the same. :)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Species, not breed.

And, as mentioned, they are the same species, just different subspecies!

Banzai looks to be an Indian ringneck. :)