• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Greys Needing the Perfect Home

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I am posting this for a friend. Please do not message her unless you are the perfect home and willing to prove it. These birds will not be shipped.

If interested PM TMS

I am looking for the right home for my 2 African Greys Corkey and Lucy. I have had both of them since 2007 and I discovered about 2 years later that I was allergic to their dander. Over the years it has progressively gotten worse, now if I cuddle with Corkey I have to do a breathing treatment right after. They will not go to a rescue or a home with many other birds. They have had their own room since day 1 and I would prefer that they either have the same or if not possible, a double macaw cage. This is EXTREMELY hard for me, I would love to write all about them but as soon as I start the tears flow. If you would like to know more about them and think you could be the right home, please message me about you and I will give you my phone number so I can tell you all about them. I am located in Fraser MI and prefer someone local to me. I do have videos of both here https://www.youtube.com/user/tstuetzel/search?query=Corkey%20Lucy Thank you

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Oh Theresa. I am so sorry you have to do this. I know how much you love those characters.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am posting this for a friend. Please do not message her unless you are the perfect home and willing to prove it. These birds will not be shipped.

If interested PM TMS

I am looking for the right home for my 2 African Greys Corkey and Lucy. I have had both of them since 2007 and I discovered about 2 years later that I was allergic to their dander. Over the years it has progressively gotten worse, now if I cuddle with Corkey I have to do a breathing treatment right after. They will not go to a rescue or a home with many other birds. They have had their own room since day 1 and I would prefer that they either have the same or if not possible, a double macaw cage. This is EXTREMELY hard for me, I would love to write all about them but as soon as I start the tears flow. If you would like to know more about them and think you could be the right home, please message me about you and I will give you my phone number so I can tell you all about them. I am located in Fraser MI and prefer someone local to me. I do have videos of both here https://www.youtube.com/user/tstuetzel/search?query=Corkey%20Lucy Thank you
Thank you so much for posting this Sarah :heart:

Oh Theresa. I am so sorry you have to do this. I know how much you love those characters.
Thank you Elaine, I hate this so much :(

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Oh T I am so sorry you are having to rehome them. I pray you will find them the perfect home

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Sorry to see this, but I get it.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I hope you find the perfect home for them. I am sorry you have to do this, there just doesn't seem to be other options. take care.

Sundayraven

Moving in
Hi Theresa,

I'm feeling a bit foolish because I can't seem to figure out how to PM you, but I'm in Michigan and am interested. My birds don't quite have their own room, but I work from home and they are set up in my office. They get free roam whenever I'm home, which is all day most days. I have an elderly sulphur crested cockatoo (exact age unknown) and a 30 year old CAG.

Feel free to PM me (or if anyone can give me tips on how to PM someone, I'll PM you) if you would like to chat more!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hi Theresa,

I'm feeling a bit foolish because I can't seem to figure out how to PM you, but I'm in Michigan and am interested. My birds don't quite have their own room, but I work from home and they are set up in my office. They get free roam whenever I'm home, which is all day most days. I have an elderly sulphur crested cockatoo (exact age unknown) and a 30 year old CAG.

Feel free to PM me (or if anyone can give me tips on how to PM someone, I'll PM you) if you would like to chat more!
You need to have a minimum post count to be able to start PMing :)

Otherwise here is the tutorial: How To: - How to start a conversation / pm

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Hi Theresa:

I do not want to spark false hope as I can intimate how hard this situation already is but I want to mention something that has helped me with my allergic reactions: Google Histamine Intolerance and also Google Anti-Histamine Diet. Following the protocols outlined had significantly (though not completely) reduced my reactiveness to allergic triggers. Perhaps it’s worth looking into. Wishing you all the best. Isabelle.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Theresa,

If you have FB you can message me on there, Theresa Stuetzel

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Theresa I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how deeply you love Lucy and Corkey,I hope you find them the most amazing home. Your in my thoughts :heart:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Oh Theresa, my heart hurts for you.If I wasn't so darn old i would have offered to take them in a heartbeat:heart:I know that it wont be long before I will have to seek homes for my flock:crycry:I pray that you soon find the perfect home for them:hug8: