• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures African Grey

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
A friend asked for my help with a 38 YO African grey in PA in need of a soft landing through no fault of his own. He was the husband’s bird; sadly, he recently passed. Rocky is a man’s bird, apparently, and was hand tame for him. He talks and sings. As you can see he is a plucker. He will come with his cage, and the owner is willing to transport, not ship.

I will vet potential adopters and provide the owner’s number for a suitable candidate.

9B11EB28-34A9-4108-B91F-CC5FE94BEC2B.jpeg B7B3CCB5-D721-42F8-8152-9370E5584631.jpeg 5C7610E9-D2CD-45FE-92FF-97E291562030.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very kind of you to help out. I hope you find a wonderful home for him soon :)

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I hope he finds a good home. He looks like our plucked Pepper who is also a daddy's girl and a rescue. Soft landings Rocky.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's beautiful. Nice of you to help.

Phoenix&Li

Walking the driveway
Soft landing! It's been 2 weeks now. He's on Harrison's high pot coarse now, loves sweet potato and almond butter. He's foraging for pine nuts and sunflower seeds. He loves bird kabobs and mist baths. I'm sprouting bird mix by sproutpeople and it will be ready in 2 days. He's a little OCD because he wants the bottom of his cage clean of all toy parts that he puts the parts through the grates. He's afraid of vacuums and toweling. He whistles, laughs, blows his nose, and sounds like a soda can opening. He says hi, hello, hi rock, you be good girl, and night night rock. I've started target training him and making sure his smart brain has a challenge everyday. I understand how much he must miss his person and I'm going slow. He's an amazing character.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Soft landing! It's been 2 weeks now. He's on Harrison's high pot coarse now, loves sweet potato and almond butter. He's foraging for pine nuts and sunflower seeds. He loves bird kabobs and mist baths. I'm sprouting bird mix by sproutpeople and it will be ready in 2 days. He's a little OCD because he wants the bottom of his cage clean of all toy parts that he puts the parts through the grates. He's afraid of vacuums and toweling. He whistles, laughs, blows his nose, and sounds like a soda can opening. He says hi, hello, hi rock, you be good girl, and night night rock. I've started target training him and making sure his smart brain has a challenge everyday. I understand how much he must miss his person and I'm going slow. He's an amazing character.
Fantastic update!! Sounds like Matthew found Rocky an excellent home with you! :loveshower:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome. I am glad Rocky found his soft place to land.