• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Grey parrots

Parsa

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Arya
Hi everyone, I had a question if someone please give me some helpful advice I have two African greys the male not tamed at all the female is slightly tamed & they are almost 7 years old and have been together 7 months and they’re suppose to breed around April same time as the other parrots but as I see my male is always sitting inside the breeding box and never comes out only for food & water & does not pay attention to the female btw I placed them alone in a private separate room & always give them great quality food & vitamin E with water my question is will they eventually breed? Do they need more time? Please let me know & send advice Thank you everyone

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There are many factors that influence breeding from weather (temperature, etc.) to enclosure size to light duration to any number of other factors. Do you know if they were handfed? Also, is there a reason that you are giving them vitamin E in their water?