• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Grey Health Concern- Sad Update Post #18

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so very sorry. It's heartbreaking when they're just babies. She should have had a long, happy life with you.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My heart bleeds for you. May your baby fly high and free and healthy as she should have been.

PS - I think you have recourse on that aviary. Will talk to you later when the shock is less.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry to hear about Pebbles. I have a golden conure that tested positive for ABV and we still don't know where it came from. The male I got her with tested negative multiple times, and the breeder I got her from tested all of his goldens and they were negative. None of my other birds have tested positive. I believe it came from her parents and didn't manifest until she was almost 2 when the male tried to breed her and stressed her out. It's a mystery.

Please let us know if the test comes back positive, and big hugs to you while you work through all of this.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry for your loss. So heart breaking for such a young bird to pass away. :sorrow:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am so sorry to hear of your loss :(

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I am sooo sorry for your loss. I can't believe what you went through. I am not trying to make you feel worse, it just angers me to no end that people make so much money on selling of the these birds. I never intended on being a beak freak. My parrots were all given to me, sadly by people that didn't want them but had enough sense to find them a good home. My heart breaks for you and Pebbles. I

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you lost her. You did everything you could once it was obvious she had issues :sadhug:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm very sorry to hear this. Pebbles looked lovely. Poked & prodded on her last day or not, she knew what it was to be loved before she died.

The aviary sounds heartless. & I agree with Hankmacaw. I don't think they can legally wash their hands of this. They promised testing & a healthy baby bird. They didn't deliver on one & likely not on the other either.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I'm very sorry to hear this. Pebbles looked lovely. Poked & prodded on her last day or not, she knew what it was to be loved before she died.

The aviary sounds heartless. & I agree with Hankmacaw. I don't think they can legally wash their hands of this. They promised testing & a healthy baby bird. They didn't deliver on one & likely not on the other either.
I agree, this company needs to be investigated or something. I know it is painful right now. If Hankmacaw can help her with this situation I would reach out to him. How many other parronts have lost a loved feathered friend that they bought from this company?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
How many other parronts have lost a loved feathered friend that they bought from this company
I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but this isn’t the first complaint I’ve seen about them.

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Oh so very sorry to read this! Thinking of you and sending :sadhug2: