• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Affordable Playstand for Eclectus

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Hi,

I'm hoping to buy a nice large playstand for an ekkie. Everything I've seen online is either a bit boring, with just one dowel perch and food bowls, or incredibly expensive. Any pointers where to buy something that is dynamic and suitable for a bird to spend much of their on, but won't break the bank?!

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Where are you located? It'll be easier to find products in your area that can ship to you :)

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
You might have better luck building one yourself out of PVC pipe. It’s definitely cheaper than buying a really fancy one.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They sell some nice ones on Etsy.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not sure if @JLcribber still makes playstands but he does gorgeous custom ones.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Sadly I don't believe that John has the time anymore for making bird stands. He caring for his wife who has been pretty sick.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sadly I don't believe that John has the time anymore for making bird stands. He caring for his wife who has been pretty sick.
That's what I figured was probably the case.

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
Hey there ~ I posted about this awhile ago....

Highly recommend Be More Birds !!!

I looked into building my own with PVC and to be honest, it's nearly as expensive to buy the pvc. Considering, I'm personally not very "handy" ~ I went with Be More Birds and could not be happier. Well worth it!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Craigslist, Facebook, etc for nice used stands, and like said Amazon occasionally has good deals on smaller stands that work well. I got a nice big stand for Nerd years ago on one of the older for sale lists that Dobby and Lurch before him love, and a HUGE one off Craigslist in the computer room. I bought a smaller rolling one from Amazon that is very simple but it has a perch and cups. Dobby usually heads to it to eat treats and snooze but alternates between it and Nerds old stand in the living area.

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Hey there ~ I posted about this awhile ago....

Highly recommend Be More Birds !!!

I looked into building my own with PVC and to be honest, it's nearly as expensive to buy the pvc. Considering, I'm personally not very "handy" ~ I went with Be More Birds and could not be happier. Well worth it!
I saw your post, and got the "Ultimate Indulger!" I set it up yesterday and both birds have been hanging out on it today :) I have it set up next to the big windows that look into the yard and my ekkie Iago is screaming merrily whenever people walk by, as well as shredding his cardboard foraging toy. All around a true success!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I saw your post, and got the "Ultimate Indulger!" I set it up yesterday and both birds have been hanging out on it today :) I have it set up next to the big windows that look into the yard and my ekkie Iago is screaming merrily whenever people walk by, as well as shredding his cardboard foraging toy. All around a true success!
:needpics:Pretty please so glad you found one you love