• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Advise for a baby love bird

Wilson99

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi I'm new to this form I'd really like some advice for helping to wean my baby lovebird mango.

its above 6 weeks old and has shown no interest besides playing with its solid food. I dont want to rush it with weaning but I'm worried that it should be more Interested in solid food by now. the lady I got it from said it was eating a little but now it's not. I'm also worried about it losing to much weight. it's about 45g so and advice would be really helpful thank you.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the forum :)

45g is a ok weight. Keep weighing her incase it drops.

When did you get the bird? Sometimes they don´t eat well for the first day. Each bird is different.

What foods have you offered?
I´m 100% (7 out of 7) successful with millet (on the sprig). Others use soaked pellets. Steamed veg. Blueberries.

Beautiful bird btw ;)

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Wilson99

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi I've had mango for 5 days now. I have some millet in there mango has lots of fun picking it off but not eating it. I've offered pellets a lot of different seeds mashed up apple shredded carrot a little leafy greens. I'll try soaking the pellets to night to see if she'll try them and thank you your love birds are really cute too. :) and thank you for replying so fast.

Cowboy&Chica

Meeting neighbors
Welcome to the forum Wilson.
What a beautiful baby lovebird.
Have you tried giving him a boiled egg?
I think 6 weeks is still young to be weaned off completely and to start eating Pellets. Try this solid baby food I posted in the picture my lovebirds, zebra finches and Kakarikis love it. Its an egg and Honey mixture.

Attachments

Last edited: