• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Advice please, bunny

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I'm scrolling through facebook right? Someone i slightly know from the town over messages me and tells me their friend is having to get rid of their bunny and they know i have one. This little guy is living in a guinea pig cage and they want to get rid of him because he cant be showed because of his little ears. I'm super tempted and I think Bear would be really happy to have a new friend since a bunny's relationship with another bunny is so complex and i just cant have the same relationship with him. I would litter train him and free roam him like I do Bear.
I have a rehome axolotl on the way and I was considering hermit crabs for my extra 10g eventually. I definitely have the time for another bb and i REALLY dont want him to go to another home who will just keep him in a little cage, should I get him?

(Why are so many animals falling into my hands)

Attachments

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Before you do anything, make sure you're read up on how to increase the chances of the rabbits being friends and that you have a backup plan in case they don't get on. He looks tiny and Bear could beat him up! I have had two rabbits who hated each other and it's pretty stressful keeping them apart. Make sure you also have the money to get the new boy neutered and for a full health check.

If you have that in place, then I think you should get him.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Before you do anything, make sure you're read up on how to increase the chances of the rabbits being friends and that you have a backup plan in case they don't get on. He looks tiny and Bear could beat him up! I have had two rabbits who hated each other and it's pretty stressful keeping them apart. Make sure you also have the money to get the new boy neutered and for a full health check.

If you have that in place, then I think you should get him.
I have a back up plan just in case, we have another room, and they can always be out at seperate times during the day. I think ive watched enough bunny bonding videos but I'm gonna triple read up on it. Definitely have enough money, thank you for your advice, i think I'm gonna!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Another room and separate times out sounds ideal if they don't get on. It might be an idea to read up on different techniques and seeing which would work for your individuals. There are about three very different ways for getting a group of rats to be a cohesive group and it's very much about who's in your particular group and their dynamic. It's probably a similar thing with rabbits .

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He looks like the Netherland Dwarf - my guess is that his ears are slightly pointed at the top (like tiny horse ears) rather than rounded. Haven't looked at the breed standard though so I may be completely off. Show judges can be amazingly picky about things like that, especially in classes for popular breeds.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
So is he home yet?

If I just ask the important question then I can save reading the thread :D

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
He looks like the Netherland Dwarf - my guess is that his ears are slightly pointed at the top (like tiny horse ears) rather than rounded. Haven't looked at the breed standard though so I may be completely off. Show judges can be amazingly picky about things like that, especially in classes for popular breeds.
I was thinking he was a Netherland Dwarf as well

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Please post pics as soon as you can. I love Netherland Dwarfs!

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
What.. so they can get a bunny wirh better ears and keep IT in a small cage? :sad1:
Theyve had him since he was a baby too! I cant imagine giving away an animal ive had for so long just because they arent shaped the right way

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's very cute! And a cute name too.

He's a lucky bun to end up with you.