• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Advice Needed - GCC

KDes87

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kristy
I hope this is the right forum to post under.
I got my GCC in 2012, she was just a baby. I had plenty of time for her and she was constantly out of her cage flying around my room whenever I was home. Then a few years went by and I met my now wife and we moved in together. She had 3 cats and things still seemed to be fine between them and Molly (GCC). We ended up finding two kittens in 2016 on a farm and we intended to only foster them but ended up keeping them, bringing our total up to 5 cats. The twins as we call them are such hunters so we are extra careful when we take Molly out. We've tried putting them in a room for an hour or two while she's out but one of our older cats goes around opening doors. We are also foster parents to a 1 year old little girl and we both work full-time. With that being said I truly feel bad for my conure because I don't feel she gets the attention she deserves and therefor she is constantly squawking. I feel like such a horrible parent to her. I've even bought her a much bigger cage and added tons of toys to hopefully make up for the time less spent on her. I just feel she deserves a better life and I'm being selfish by not re-homing her. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Mine only get about 2.5 hours out each day. Can you give her any time out with just you? That being said if you feel or find a good home for her, you are not an awful person. I have rehomed before for the benefit of the bird. My amazon went to a good friend who only has larger birds whereas I only have the smaller cheekies. Just make sure you do your homework on anyone adopting. You might be able to go through a rescue to help you too.

Is she secluded away from everyone and everything?

KDes87

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kristy
Mine only get about 2.5 hours out each day. Can you give her any time out with just you? That being said if you feel or find a good home for her, you are not an awful person. I have rehomed before for the benefit of the bird. My amazon went to a good friend who only has larger birds whereas I only have the smaller cheekies. Just make sure you do your homework on anyone adopting. You might be able to go through a rescue to help you too.

Is she secluded away from everyone and everything?
Thank you for responding :). So she is actually in our main entry room in front of the picture window. I take her out for about 30 minutes a day and she bites so bad that she draws blood, but yet there's times she can be such a sweetheart.