• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adorable GCC Searching for New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsaynicolex

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lindsay Rivers
I have decided to finally do what is best for my bird and look into finding him a better home. Teddy is a 2 year old (hatched 1/1/15) male Green Cheek Conure. He is extremely smart and loves to be involved in a household; he is a talker and loves to chat when the house gets busy or he is playing with his toys. He knows multiple words, phrases, and tricks and picks up new things easily. He isn’t too fond of stepping up, but is extremely easy to handle on your shoulder as he knows “Come here” for up and “Get down” for down. I have been his primary caregiver since he was weaned, so he is partial to women. I think he could get used to anyone with time and treats, but a female caregiver would probably be an easier transition. He has been spoiled since the day I got him at 9 weeks old, and I’m looking for a home that will spoil him just as much or more than he has been. He will come with countless toys, perches, food dishes, foraging supplies, food and treats, two play stands, carrying cage, and his mansion of a flight cage. Teddy has been to his vet for yearly check-ups and is in perfect health. He is on a diet of Zupreem Fruit Blend mixed with Roudybush in addition to his fresh fruits and vegetables; he also loves chamomile flowers and dried greens added to his food.
I am rehoming my sweet boy because I am a college student gone most of the year at school, and my family back home is too busy to give him the attention he is used to and deserves. My home is also being added on to this summer and my one of my grandparents moving in has very severe COPD; her doctor has recommended her not be around birds. A rehoming fee will apply, only because I know how expensive proper care of birds can be and I want to ensure whoever adopts Teddy will give him the life he deserves. I am located in Greenville, SC (USA) and would be willing to drive up to 150 miles to place him in a perfect forever home. Please comment below if you're interested.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He is beautiful & I am sure you will have no trouble finding him another loving home. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's very handsome. I hope someone here can take him.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I hope your handsome boy finds a wonderful new home! :hug8:

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Where are you???

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Teddy is very cute. I am sorry you have to re-home him because it sounds like you love him a lot. I hope that you can find him a wonderful new home.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm so sorry you have to rehome Teddy.

If I was closer, he'd be welcome here...

Status
Not open for further replies.