• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adoption Health Concerns

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Leih do you still have the link for your cage? I know it´s posted on AA somewhere :reading:
I was looking for the Kings on on their site recently and it was not there.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I bought it from a site called thatpet site.com but it looks like they no longer have cages.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm beginning to think foot problems are more common in lovebirds than other species.
Actually, mine was the first one I ever knew about with foot problems before finding out about @Zara’s, and now yours. I think it may just be coincidence.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 356113 View attachment 356114
I love these nearly identical cages. Do you guys know where I can get one with the horizontal bars as opposed to vertical? The little guys feet don’t seem to stop him from running around on the bottom of the cage, but I want to make climbing as easy as possible for him.
Neutrino’s is a top opening HQ cage that I bought from Dr. Fosters & Smith 5 years ago before they went out of business - I bought it for the same reason (easy climbing). I’m not sure that the cage is still readily available. There may be others with horizontal bars, though, it’s just difficult to search by that feature since the companies don’t seem to realize that we care about that!

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
Okay, so I brought him home today. Upon closer inspection 1 foot is definitely worse off than the other. He doesn't appear to be in any pain but his "elbow" on the bad side looks a little red, like when you lean on something. I feel bad because for whatever reason he chose to sleep on the edge of his water dish tonight. I'm hoping the platform corner perches I ordered will arrive over the weekend. To add a little positivity to this post, when we got him home he happily flew from shoulder to shoulder without a single nip.