• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adopted Finch

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
When I had a single one I had constant meep meeps! I live them so much!!! Luckily, he has 5 new friend s now!
I love their meep meep beep beeps too! They are so cute!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I think I've mentally added Zebra finches to my list of 'potential future birbs'!
I have wanted to bring home some Zebra finches since 2016 when I was working in hotels, I would go to one and they had an aviary full of zebra finches (the hotel bosses personal birds), so adorable. I would hang out in the garden by the birds to watch them. :swoon:

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
I have wanted to bring home some Zebra finches since 2016 when I was working in hotels, I would go to one and they had an aviary full of zebra finches (the hotel bosses personal birds), so adorable. I would hang out in the garden by the birds to watch them. :swoon:
I follow someone on IG with an adorable Zebra finch! I also didn't know they're so tiny!!!

I'm excited for the future... what bird will I end up getting, if any at all? :laughin:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Yes, I would love one! :)

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Yes, I would love one! :)
Ha! I got it right! I had one in my local pet shop for a bit... It was only £80 but I fell in love with it.

There was another bird there to (a long while ago and I can't remember the species) but I felt so bad as s/he would follow me along the aisle as far as possible and then call when I left. S/he wouldn't do it to anyone else that went passed...

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I never knew how awesome Zebras would be. They were always cute, but I didn't know their personalities as well as I do now.

When I saw Zippy I just really fell in love. He was all alone and his little goofy wing. My partner went with me to get him the next day!

Now I couldn't imagine not hearing them sing. They are so clever and inquisitive! They also love having preening buddies and building their many versions of nests.

They are fantastic! I can't wait to build an aviary for them. They haven't been free flying as often because Peppy doesn't like leaving the cage and Zippy can't stand being away from him. Zippy hops at the exit and tries to convince Peppy. Peppy is very stubborn!

So I feel pressure to build them something more spacious :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:swoon:

I think I will end up missing my friends dearly when I leave this apartment, so maybe a dove will be on the cards for us too :)

edit; likely, I would bring home a dove before a POW....