• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adjustment Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Aly has been here for about 5 days and she is rather quiet compared to how she was at the breeders house. Will she come out of her shell? She was really bonded to the breeder and that makes me sad, I feel bad for her.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Trinket was so subdued for the first 6 months I though he was sick. But remember that bird time and people time are different. 4 months human time ='s about 5 minutes bird time. Be patient, give her lots of love with soft sweet words and slow gentle movements. I'm sure she's confused right now as to what is going on.

Ginger

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
A yellow crested amazon. That is what I fear, she is sick but Im bringing her to the vets. Oh ya, for sure she is confused. She loves her head scritched and gentle talking. She sleeps a lot but a move like this is hard on a older bird I think.

Junior13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Nic
I'm sure she will settle in soon, just give her some time

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Did the person you got her from have any vet records? Did she have any baseline tests done? She is in quarantine right?

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Stop worrying and enjoy. She will pick up on the way you feel, so be happy!!:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
yes, a vet visit is in order for sure to make sure she doesnt have medical issues...and then give her some time.....after all, she is in an unfamiliar environment.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Stop worrying and enjoy. She will pick up on the way you feel, so be happy!!:hug8:
I agree with Carole..Hiram was quiet for aweeks after I brought him home.He was so bonded to his previous owner.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Did the person you got her from have any vet records? Did she have any baseline tests done? She is in quarantine right?
Yes, i have the vet records and Im bringing them wednesday when we go for our check up. So she getting all the blood work and everything done wednesday. Oh yes, she is in quarantine.
yes, a vet visit is in order for sure to make sure she doesnt have medical issues...and then give her some time.....after all, she is in an unfamiliar environment.
Thanks guys, Im just a worry wart. She was VERY bonded to the breeder, I just want her to be happy. I know she will be, I will just enjoy her.

Status
Not open for further replies.