• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Adding a budgie to the mix?

bug_inarug

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juniper
I need some advice! I have two little linnies who I absolutely adore. However, I've had my eye on a budgie recently and an opportunity might come up for me to get one. I know that linnies and budgies don't get along and I would need to house them separately, let them out at different times, etc. My linnies are (in my opinion) clearly fond of me, we hang out and chatter back and forth all the time and they're always climbing around on the outside of the cage and hanging upside down and being little goofballs, the girl especially. They just don't like being touched or held, which I expected from the beginning. But I think they're really getting comfortable in their environment and with me in general. Would it be a bad idea to introduce a new bird at this time?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
As long as they have their own space and you don't let the budgie pester either of the linnies, I don't see why you can't have a budgie :)

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
Budgies are very social, as long as they have separate cages they will be fine. I know people who have lots of different species and budgies. She only lets them out together when they are supervised. budgies can actually sometimes bond with other species just be cautions and supervise them together at first.

:budgie2:Mo :budgie:Winnie