• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Adélies house set up

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
The turtle is adorable! She is so cute on her little swing also. It is nice to get an update.

It is a bummer that her little foot was getting irritated from the perch..poor little girl.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It is a bummer that her little foot was getting irritated from the perch..poor little girl.
It is what would be our ankle, that is what she uses to walk on. Vet says it is the constant rubbing. So it wasn´t the perch that was a problem, but I felt like surely it wasn´t helping. I might even have to line her cage with fabric, which I really don´t want to do, but if she needs it I will. The redness seems to be less, so I think removing the perch helped. Ideally cotton perches would be best, but her nails would get caught in them and so I won´t risk it.

Since the last update, she actually had her foot taped by the vet, but it did nothing for her unfortunately.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
We are gathered here today, to celebrate the life of Mr Bedtime Dragon...
He was a good perch and friend, especially to Adélie while she grew and learned to live with her closed foot.
He was a good friend, and lover, to Gísli.
Mr Bedtime Dragon's untimely demise is quite the sad news, he had so much more life left to live but was unfortunately cut short by the one who was supposed to love him.
May he rest in peace.
IMG_20200929_135948.jpg
IMG_20200929_135943.jpg

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Goodbye Mr. Bedtime Dragon.

Just last week, we had a similar funeral for a toy. It ended with my SIL very solemnly saying "May he rest in pieces."