• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Accidentally left lovebird without fresh water for 8 hours!!

ktluvszoe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
Hello,
I had an accident today where I forgot to give my lovebird water for 8 hours. I need to know signs to watch out for that she’s in danger. Online says she would be good without water for 3 days but I just want to make sure she’s well cared for.

I recently switched my bird to a new larger cage and have been using the smaller cage as a sleeping cage. The new water bowl I bought her leaks really badly and I haven’t had a chance to get a replacement, so I’ve just been switching the old one back and forth between the two cages. This morning I totally forgot to switch the water to the new cage and didn’t realize it until I was prepping her sleep cage 8 hours later.

I quickly gave her water (both in her bottle and separately as a bowl) and she chugged the bottle for a little while. She has now gone back to stuffing her face with her Pure Fun ZuPreem mix I always give her a little of as a treat before bed. I think she’s fine but I just want to know if there’s something I can do for her to rehydrate her or if should watch out for something. I feel so bad about this, I’m definitely going to get her that other container right away.

Thanks!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She will be fine

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah she'll be fine especially if she had fresh veg/fruit today

ktluvszoe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
Yeah she'll be fine especially if she had fresh veg/fruit today
Thank you guys!! Yes she had her fresh chop and added arugula today so that’s good. Thank you