• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Accident happened here in the blink of an eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Bob something to remember is that birds hide any problems they are suffering from, can't wait to hear what the vet has to say.

So sorry this happened and I am sending healing energy and hope for a positive outcome.

Birdy_in_VT

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kurt
I hope things work out well for you guys.

We have many birds but our GCC thinks she's the biggest baddest bird of them all and I could see her taking on our Macaw. This is my worst fear and I will pray for a positive outcome.

Zoso

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bob
Sweety's vet visit went well. The vet ruled out any hidden damage and told us to continue the antibiotics for 7 days and to bring her back. He fooled with her beak and decided no pain medication was necessary. She is eating soaked pellets and pignolias very regularly. I'l going to hook her up with some oatmeal and some other easy to eat foods until she is back to normal. (Vet thinks she will make a full recovery)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great news Bob!:dance5:

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Very good news indeed! :dancing:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Amazing! So glad she received such a good prognosis!!:hug8:She is a very blessed little birdie...

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That is great news!:hug8:

Zoso

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bob
I weighed Sweety today and she lost a couple of grams but not as bad as I thought it would be. She/he (not sure), is acting like nothing has happened. She comes out of her cage, eats and drinks, (softened pellets, pine nuts, and goodies), and is acting like her regular self except that I've noticed her sleeping in her hut more than usual. I looked real close at her beak today and I can almost swear I see new growth. (It could just be my imagination)

Status
Not open for further replies.