• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ABV positive, very sick

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Debbie are they getting Celebrex? I'm sorry I can't remember.

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I know we talked about how to mix the Emerald and as you know I had a learning curve in not too thin and not too thick. And I do have to sort of play it by ear each time as sometimes I think I really do managed to compress it in the measuring scoop more than other times. I haven't been saving any and just making 10-15mL at a time. Merlin also usually only wants about that amount and Dr O said as long as she ate 10mL each feeding, twice a day she would not waste away even if she ate nothing else. She had gotten down to 432g at that time (from 492g). Today she was 472g, yay! Some days she does eat a pretty good amount of other foods and some days just a little. But, she's slowly and steadily climbing back up.

So, if Chico will eat 10mL twice a day you aren't doing bad at all I think. I'm assuming he is similar in weight to Merlin.

Nice information from May on feeding, thank you! I may need that some day for Pete, my old wild caught zon, so that is much appreciated. We had a week from Hades when he wouldn't eat, with me medicating him. He is deathly afraid of syringes. By the end of the week I had to just leave him at the vet for a couple of day for gavage feeding because I didn't know what else to do.

Still thinking of you, Debbie, and your fids. It sounds like you are very stressed right now. Might sound kind of dumb, but have you ever tried yoga? I do think it helps.

Wish I was closer and could help in some way, or even just take you out on the town or just for a quiet drive to a serene place or something :hug8:

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Debbie, you have a huge amount of information from people who know what they're doing. I definitely do not know anything about how to deal with diseases. This is probably a silly suggestion, but have you tried using the littlest baby spoons? I think some of them have rubber around the edges. I'm sorry that you're going through this.