• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

about that internet-viral giant chicken

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yes, I think there are still quite a few in your area...what are the chances I could import some into the US?????
I think that is pretty possible! I could look into that this afternoon! It would even be possible to send eggs I think, but I don’t know if they would survive the flight.

Susannah

Strolling the yard
I Can't Stop Posting!
Thanks for sharing - that is a beautiful fawn chook on his latest page...couldn't see others - fb was playing up.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I think that is pretty possible! I could look into that this afternoon! It would even be possible to send eggs I think, but I don’t know if they would survive the flight.
It would be interesting to see if we could get them into the US but I'm in no position currently to have one...we technically aren't even supposed to have our three Seramas! LOL! Seramas are the smallest of the chicken world. We went to visit a friend in December who has chickens and nearly fainted when we saw her normal sized chickens...compared to our little one pounders, they were big! I can't even imagine what these guys look like in person! Can you imagine what your food bill looks like monthly????

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
View attachment 264447
Either way, I really like those chickens:D I love their colors too:xflove:

That pic and the mention of their colors made me realize how much they remind me of Foghorn Leghorn. Screenshot_2018-03-06-07-04-39-1-1.png

my grandparents had large White Leghorns and I was scared to death of them...
But this made me go look for real leghorns and to me ol' Foghorn looks more like the Brahmas in both size and coloring. :chin:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It would be interesting to see if we could get them into the US but I'm in no position currently to have one...we technically aren't even supposed to have our three Seramas! LOL! Seramas are the smallest of the chicken world. We went to visit a friend in December who has chickens and nearly fainted when we saw her normal sized chickens...compared to our little one pounders, they were big! I can't even imagine what these guys look like in person! Can you imagine what your food bill looks like monthly????
I love seremas! My grandparents have a lot of different chickens, mixes breeds mostly as they don’t have a ‘purpose’, all chickens just stay there. They have seremas, normal chickens, used to have those fluffy ones(‘zijdehoen’:D), and also I am pretty sure a few brahmas. They might not be pure but they are huge!:D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I love seremas! My grandparents have a lot of different chickens, mixes breeds mostly as they don’t have a ‘purpose’, all chickens just stay there. They have seremas, normal chickens, used to have those fluffy ones(‘zijdehoen’:D), and also I am pretty sure a few brahmas. They might not be pure but they are huge!:D
I just plain love chickens! They are so entertaining!:)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I LOVE THESE GUYS! I follow a guy in Europe who has a FB page and is constantly sharing pictures and videos! You should see them run!:) I would totally have some if I could get my hands on them and then convince Jon to move out to the country! We'd have to win the lottery for that to happen though...both of us can't stand long drives to work. As is, we're about four miles from our work places and you should here us kvetch about the traffic!:mad:
Half the job done - https://www.purelypoultry.com/feathered-legs-c-154_244.html. And they're in WI too!

Now you just have to work on Jon ...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Oh great. Tempt me why don' t you. My husband John would kill me.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Here's another one I think is hilarious! Run Forrest Run!

good heavens, that is a riot, then the big guy comes out at the end and kinda trips over his own huge feet!
I really think you need one, Maybe you could tell John it's a strange breed of dog.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
good heavens, that is a riot, then the big guy comes out at the end and kinda trips over his own huge feet!
I really think you need one, Maybe you could tell John it's a strange breed of dog.
I don't think Jon will be the hard one to sell on it, it's the town of Madison that we have to convince! LOL! Sooner or later, the city of Madison will eat them up and then we can legally have hens!:)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow, they are impressive chickens...could be used as a watchdog - imagine one of those lurking out from the bushes lol ...I'm more of a Silkie bantam type...my grandparents had large White Leghorns and I was scared to death of them...
Right?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oh great. Tempt me why don' t you. My husband John would kill me.
I did do a search for them in the US and found a few breeders, some in WI too...I don't know if they are the super big ones! I'm definitely talking to Jon tonight! HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Just tell your John/Jon that they should think about how cute having a lap chicken would be ...