• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

About pellet conversion

Dre2f

Meeting neighbors
Hi! My sun conure who is almost 1 year old now is having some diet issues to say.

I've made him a birdie bread using pellets, but he still won't seem to eat the pellets. I don't feed him the bread every day though, (should I?) Should I move on and try another pellet? Or what else could I do? (any pellet brand recommendations?)

Also, he has been eating baby formula since we got him and hasn't stopped since (every night and morning), although he has cut down on how much he's eating it, how should I go about stopping this?

As he hasnt been eating the pellets, I've been mainly feeding him a pre-mixed seed diet, which I know isn't the best when it comes to food. I am going to try and move him more onto fresh food and veggies mixed in but as for now, please anyone who knows about these, let me know, are they ok for him atm?

PS: from this seed diet, I do tend to remove a majority of the sunflower seeds and hand feed them as a treat, because Ive heard that they are very fatty.

Pre-mixed Seed Diet below:

1656543127998.png

Thank you in advance!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I find Zupreem Fruit blend to be the easiest to convert bird to. The seed mixes tend to be quite high in fat and will be quite unbalanced if they only pick out their favorites to eat. Plus, so much waste in my experience!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you haven't already, give this a read: