• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures about me and my bird

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
IMG_1455.JPG Hi, so i just wanted to explain a little more about which bird i have and why (since i only greeted you all and you guys seemed interested).

I've had my budgie for a couple of months and her name is Kiwi (yes, like the fruit) And is absolutely adorable. She's about 6 months old and she like to preen my hand Hahaha
I have wanted to own a pet bird for a really long time and i finally did it! Since i'm a beginner at all of this i had to start off easy of course, but my dream is to own an african grey, they're so awesome!

So to kind of summarize a bit; i have one bird, and i absolutely adore her hahaha. And even though i don't have a lot of knowledge i hope i can help people out.

Ps: i think there are no grammar mistakes but if there are, english is not my first language so please forgive me hahaah. And if there are any usefull tips for beginners worth mentioning feel free to reply! :D

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She's awfully cute!:heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and Kiwi! :)

Your English is just fine. Kiwi is a real cutie. :)

Make sure you head down to "Budgie Boulevard" to peruse the excellent info on Budgies there...;)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome :) I hope you enjoy your time here. Kiwi is a cutie :xflove:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Welcome to you and Kiwi!

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Kiwi is adorable and we are happy that you are with us! Welcome!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Kiwi is a very cute budgie.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Budgies are my world. Glad you joined us. Kiwi looks sweet. How is she eating her veggies?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

KirstinStanley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
kirstin stanley
Welcome! I use to have a budgie named Buddy he passed away when I was young.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Hi! I'm new here too. I have a budgie named Sola. He's adorable. We got him about two months ago (I think it's a him, not sure yet) because he was at the pet store for about a month by himself in a cage. All the other cages were filled but his. He was super hyper active and aggressive but we didn't care. We got the largest cage we could and he's been great. He's the noisiest and grumpiest out of all. So I believe he is entering puberty right now. I go in, clean his cage, and now allows me to feed him out of my hand. He will land on my hand and allow me to give him scritches. He doesn't like coming out of his cage as I believe he has gotten so used to being in a camped space, being in a room and able to fly around in a room freaks him out. All our other birds are let out in the room (the birds have their own room) and I watch. I've taken him outside every day for about two hours a day, with the rest of my birds.

Today, Sola did the most crazy thing I've ever seen. He jumped out of his cage while we were cleaning and did a lap around the room. He then landed on Carmen and Diablo's cage (parrotlets) and I believe one of them bit his poor little toe (it isn't bleeding and I've scheduled a vet for tomorrow), then he freaked out and flew to the screen in the window and started picking the screen apart as if he knew what he was doing! None of my other birds do this...ever. Is this normal? I grabbed a soft towel I keep nearby, and got him back into his cage where he finally fell asleep, looking pretty contended I might add. Is he planning an escape? Anyway, has anyone had any experience with their birds knowing how to take a screen apart? Mine does.

Thanks in advance! I'm keeping the window and curtain closed when cleaning his cage now but it sure would be nice to know that he can fly around the room with a window opened as I do with my other birds. I don't want him seeing them running around and feeling left out.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome to you and Kiwi. Your English is just fine.

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Learn about hazards, diet , exercise, cage size (your cage looks a bit like my travel cage - if so its a tiny one she needs some room to explore play etc when you aren't home!) toys, foraging and spend time with her =) Shes so pretty. Her nose looks almost a bit blue, are you certain she is a girl :D

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Learn about hazards, diet , exercise, cage size (your cage looks a bit like my travel cage - if so its a tiny one she needs some room to explore play etc when you aren't home!) toys, foraging and spend time with her =) Shes so pretty. Her nose looks almost a bit blue, are you certain she is a girl :D
They told me at the pet store where i bought her that she was female, but i do agree that it looks a little blue. But she's still young so maybe it'll go away

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Budgies are my world. Glad you joined us. Kiwi looks sweet. How is she eating her veggies?
I'm training her to eat them, at first she didn't like it but now if i give a carrots she will take a couple of bites out of it. I'm still kind of testing what veggies she likes and which she doesnt. I've read about some veggies being too waterbased? But she's getting seeds, minerals, millet as treats etc