• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

About Jade

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Some updates. Cause of wait time for an appointment for my bird. Jade went to the vet yesterday and I was given some solid advice. Number one, Jade is healthy but he is a stress plucker. I shared some pics of his toys and food brand, (I'm using Mazuri now.) I was also told to stop being so nervous about his care because I'm actually doing a good job. Major relief. Anywho, thank you everyone who stated what his problem was previously as well. He hasn't pulled any feathers in the month or so. But I'll keep watching. The vet also suggested avoiding any changes for a long time so aside from some cleaning of his cage and out times he's staying right where he is. Also, he's rather bonded to the flock now. :)

He's about 142 grams also. His feathers are good and clean, his beak and nares are clean, the skin on his feet looks good, and the diet is vet approved. My vet is really. Really good and has his own bird. An Amazon that looks epic when I see him. He's on a harrison diet and it was suggested I try it in the future. We had some discussion about organic foods and the suggestions I feed a seed diet from my rabbit hole days. Anyway, Jade is healthy and I'm doing good with him. :) 70 bucks well spent.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad he's doing so well! Good job. :)

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
I'm glad that Jade is doing so well! And what kind of bird is he again?

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
I'm glad that Jade is doing so well! And what kind of bird is he again?
Jade is an Indian ringneck. I've been informed plucking is a common thing, so I'll be taking steps to train away from it. I'm going to start target training soon and ease him into foot toys. Anyone know of shiny foot toys I can try?

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB