• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

About gluten

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Hello to everyone
Pasha loves to eat oatmeal cooked with water. But I am confused. Should oatmeal contain gluten? Or shouldn't it contain?
Is it harmful for Gluten Pasha?
Thank you.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oatmeal usually does not contain gluten. For people with celiac disease where eating oats that have been produced on the same line as wheat products, it can be bad news. So, naturally, oats contain no gluten but largely because of the recent fad diets around it, many products that don't normally contain gluten are getting a "gluten free" label purely for marketing. I saw gluten free apples once :lol:

Long story short, there isn't any reason I'm aware of to avoid gluten for parrots, and oats should contain none to a trace amount.

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Oatmeal usually does not contain gluten. For people with celiac disease where eating oats that have been produced on the same line as wheat products, it can be bad news. So, naturally, oats contain no gluten but largely because of the recent fad diets around it, many products that don't normally contain gluten are getting a "gluten free" label purely for marketing. I saw gluten free apples once :lol:

Long story short, there isn't any reason I'm aware of to avoid gluten for parrots, and oats should contain none to a trace amount.
You are right. I just noticed that the oat packet we use now contains gluten.And I was surprised.I wanted to ask. Thank you