• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

About Celes, peach face female

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Celes is one of my peach faced girls and one I attempted to rehome because I was convinced she hated me. Within a week to 10 days, I was informed she had been plucking and attacking other birds. She has healed up and no further incidents have occured.

I brought her home.

Now, the thing is, Celes doesn't like to be handled.

She is however very, very attatched to me.

Lesson point is, just because they don't step up doesn't mean you aren't loved. She loves to love with a 10 foot pole.

I hope some of you will read this if you have problems with your bird being handled and keep it in mind.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad you got her back. And what you said is very true, and a good thing to keep in mind. :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Thank you for taking her back! I agree, love comes in many packages. Sometimes grumpy faced beak opening feathered ones.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I’m glad you took her back.
I felt like this for a while with Aldora when I first found her, but after thinking from her point of view and being patient I believe that she is happy... she just doesn’t want to sit in my hand or be touched.... or be near me most of the time :lol: .... and that is ok. I know she doesn’t hate me or she would never come to me, but she does :)