• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

?? About Carbon Microfilter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Hi guys we recently talked about filtered water or not and why we chose to use these types for our birds. But now I have a question since I have a whole house filter I was looking at the activated carbon house filter and wonder if that replacement one will be ok? I read that it can remove 99.9% of Cryptosporidium and Giardia as well as asbestos and lead and mercury. Do you think this filter would be fine to use?

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Yes that would be great to use! I wish I had a whole house filter on my water.

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
Yes that would be great to use! I wish I had a whole house filter on my water.

Oh great I was about to go buy a new replacement filter and I saw they had these and wanted to check first.. Thank you Heather

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Yeah it should do a great job to remove all the nasties out of the water. I couldn't imagine drinking out of our tap anymore.

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
Yeah it should do a great job to remove all the nasties out of the water. I couldn't imagine drinking out of our tap anymore.
Heather I agree I remember before I got it put in it was awful we had water main breaks all the time and our water would be brown at random and no notice they were even working on it. I would change the screens on the faucets regularly and you do not even want to know what would come out of them it was gross!!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
After doing tests on our water and seeing how bad they were it kinda freaked me out. We must have bad pipes because the water is definitely worse than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.