• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Abnormal Feet?

PrettyInInk87

Walking the driveway
These are Daisy's feet. The one thing that stood out when I first brought her home was her poor balance. After about a week I noticed hers and Apples feet didnt look the same. Hers looked crooked. When I get her, her wings were butchered... At first I assumed it was the hack job.

From the looks of it, her nails were never clipped. Her quick is very long and almost the same length of her nails. I'm working on getting them to recede. Could it be her nails causing her crooked toes? Apple has had long nails but never had any balance problems.

I have provided her with natural perches hoping the different sizes will strengthen her feet.

CheekyBeaks

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ann-Marie
I'm not sure why but your pic isnt showing up for me can you post it again?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well she definitely needs a nail clip..you are doing all the right things ie perches etc..try getting a couple of platform perches as well...also do take her to an avian vet and see that they sa y

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I can see both pictures, BTW.

I admit, I'm not sure what to think though. Yes, her nails are long, but I've seen much longer nails that didn't force the tips of the toes off the standing surface as much. All her nails are quite curved though. With the long quicks though you are correct to only do a tiny amount at a time and let them keep receding.

PrettyInInk87

Walking the driveway
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and just being overly concerned. I'm sure there's nothing that can be done to totally correct this but of course i want to better her situation and accommodate her.

I don't think she was ever let out of her cage. She had a cage mate that flew away. She was not tame at all when I first got her but I've been working on her and she now steps up to me most of the time. She still prefers to hang out on her cage alone but she has made so much progress. :)

These are Apples feet.